Week1 B: Social Media Use Today
I had a choice to add a 4th class to qualify for full-time status in my enrollment status at MCC. I literally could have picked anything, but I consciously chose this class because I have witnessed the transformation of an e-commerce business, as well as many others right now, who has doubled in sales revenue, staff, and online presence due to an effective marketing strategy that was done through social media marketing.
Anyone can evaluate the change of business over the past decade, and the accelerated change caused by Covid-19. We have transformed into a virtual business economy, or at least we have discovered its efficiency, accessibility, and lucrative to gain customers domestically and abroad who were once limited to major corporations. Im calling this the Napster of Business. We are going digital. Essentially, any service and retail business can be conducted on this new virtual platform. We discovered this when employers told us to work remotely and state/federal regulations prohibited/protected us from going out publicly to do things that we once did all the time - like being the good 'ol consumers we are and engage in shopping. Literally everything can be purchased from a hand held devise and the traditional mediums we attracted customers' business has left the dinosaur tools of tv, radio, and magazines. Social Media Marketing is the new frontier for b2b and b2c interactions. I am telling you, I have witnessed a business that originally grew from a two- person setup out of the owner's garage several years ago, and evolve to this dynamic and potentially house-hold brand who hires up to 100 temp staff employees, grossing double his sales revenue from 2019 and on track to surpassing 2020 figures.This company has over 40, 000 social media followers, advertises aggressively through Instagram and instagram Influencers, Google Ads, and Tik-Tok. In my opinion, the product is very sub-standard and purchased very cheaply. But the branding and marketing is genius.
As a business owner, I know that my growth is very dependent upon my use of social media marketing and its ability to brand and gain new customers. I am very interested in developing my social media skills, as I was once off the grid for more than 6 years (and loved it), and harnessing that same power I witnessed in my former employment position. My business is based off a B2B model and so I am interested in reaching new clients online, and on social media.
The video is an example of content that I post on my Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and my website. Simple, value-driven, and visually appealing (I hope- original music and arrangement are a fun way to market and incorporate one of the things I love most in life)

Comments
Post a Comment